An easy to use interface is offered by the cPanel to manage the different aspects of the user’s email accounts. In this blog, we will give a piece of detailed information on how to manage email accounts in cPanel.
Let’s create your first email account to start the process:
- Login to your cPanel account and select the Email accounts in the mail section.
- Enter all details of the new email accounts on the next page.
- Enter the password for the new email account and confirm it. Also, set the quota for the mailbox.
- After that, click on the create account option.
That’s it, your email account has created.
Also read, How to create Custom Error Pages in cPanel
Delete an email account in cPanel
Now, we will tell you about how to delete email account in cPanel:
- There will be a delete link corresponding to the email account you want to remove.
- By clicking on the delete option, the email account will be deleted.
Changing the email account password in cPanel
Now, we will tell you about how to change email account password in cPanel. For changing the password, you need to follow these steps.
- First of all, log in your cPanel account using a username and password. Now, click on the email accounts option located in the mail section.
- There will be an option on the right of your screen to change the password. Click on that.
Enter the new password and confirm it.
Changing the email quota in cPanel
In cPanel, a quota can be defined as a limit of how much disc space can be taken up by your email. It always shows in megabytes in the cPanel. The user will get an email notification when the email quota for an account gets exceeded and the sender will get the message showing the recipient mailbox is full.
You need to follow these steps to change the email account quota.
- First of all, login to your cPanel and click on the email accounts icon.
- Then scroll down to the email address for which you want to update the quota limit. Click on the change quota option.
- After clicking on the change quota, you have to either enter the selected unlimited option or new quota amount.
- After setting up a disk quota for the mail account, you have to click the change quota option.
This step concludes our articles on how to manage email accounts in cPanel.