There are not so many hosting providers, who offer the same control panel software, but cPanel is one of the best known to offer this service. cPanel is used by almost all the major hosts. The main reason behind its popularity is its intuitive graphical interface and low cost of support. There is a feature in cPanel known as Hotlink Protection, which stop files from being misused or downloaded repeatedly.
Hotlinking is one of the common problems for lots of websites, specially that contains many images. These types of sites are exposed to the high traffic from the image searches often, which can load on the resources. The Hotlink protection feature in the cPanel will stop this.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to use the Hotlink Protection in cPanel. If you want to protect any file type, you can use inbuilt tools to prevent direct linking. You just need to follow simple steps stated below:
Steps to use Hotlink Protection in cPanel
- Log into your cPanel account by entering your username and password
Check out the complete guide on cPanel Tutorial
- Now, you need to check the security section on the home screen of your cPanel account. You will find the Hotlink Protection icon in that section. Click on it.
- Here, you have to make sure that your own sites are listed here. By doing so, you will be able to hotlink to your images.
- Now, you have to enter all the file types, you want to protect.
Also read, The 5 Web Designing Trends of 2016
- In case, you want to give the manual ability to the people to enter the URL of a protected file. You need to check this box.
- Now, you have to enter a URL, you want to redirect to for the anyone, who tries to your files to hotlink.
Also read, How to Block IP Address in cPanel
- Now you have to click on the submit button.
Congratulations, you have enabled the hotlink protection.
Also Read :
- View Website statistics in cPanel
- Update contact information in cPanel
- Use Index Manager in cPanel
- Access Webmail in cPanel
- Create Domain alias in cPanel
- If you want to disable hotlink protection, you have to click on the disable button.
We hope that above tutorial will help you to know how to use hotlink protection in the cPanel. So, don’t wait more and use the hotlink protection in cPanel. If you have any questions feel free to share your opinion in the comment section below.