Without any doubt, the Google Chromecast has recognized itself as one of the purest streaming devices. There is a great range of methods to install it, whether it is Chromecast with Kodi or any other way. Prior to that, we will talk about this device in detail so that our readers become completely aware of it. It is an exciting media device through which you can stream content from your laptop, phone or tablet to television.
What are Google Chromecast devices?
Chromecast is one of the latest streaming devices launched by the Google that allows the user to enjoy video content on television. It was released by the company on 3rd February 2014 and popular among the people as Google TV. Furthermore, the individuals are allowed to stream their Chrome browser directly to the HDTV. In this manner, you will get directly to the incompatible media sources that can’t work with the help of other apps. Additionally, jailbreak Chromecast has also gained lots of success among the people.
Now, we will make a move from Chromecast towards the Kodi and know about it in detail.
What do you mean by Kodi?
Kodi is basically an open-source software that is created particularly for the people who love home entertainment. The main reason individual look for Kodi Chromecast is its free use. Yes, you have heard right. There is no need to pay even a single penny for enjoying this software on your device. Originally, this application was developed for the Xbox Media Center and Microsoft Xbox. However, it has made an evolution in the industry and creates a customer base of its own.
This software is managed by a non-profit company XBMC Foundation, unlike the Chromecast and Plex that are owned by big giants. Still, Kodi is upgraded on the constant basis with the help of thousands of coders all over the globe. It was launched in 2003 and since then it has been upgraded by over 200 translators and 500 software developers.
What are the things that you can watch on Kodi?
You will attain the power to transform your computer or tablet into a digital streamer through Kodi. It gives you the ability to stream content directly from a local storage, internet, and a home network. The majority of TV streamers, such as Chromecast 2 or Amazon Fire Stick are held back by an app store, but that’s not the case with Kodi Chromecast.
This software is compatible with almost all the devices that you can find in the market. It can be downloaded easily and work perfectly with Windows, OS X, Android, Windows, and many more. However, the process to install Kodi is quite complicated when it comes to THE iPhone. The people using this phone have to jailbreak Chromecast it for enjoying its features.
Prior to starting the process for broadcasting Kodi streams, you should have access to the below-mentioned hardware:
- A fast Wi-Fi internet
There is no doubt that the Chromecast will work on a slower connection, but the content will be difficult to watch and give a low-quality experience. According to the Google, this device works best on WiFi networks having the speed of 25 Mbps or more.
- A Chromecast dongle
A Chromecast dongle comes with its hardware due to the fact that this device goes to the USB gadget category when connected to a Wi-Fi network. They are basically USB dongles having USB sticks with advanced features.
- A personal computer or mobile phone
In order to run the Chromecast software, you should have an access to a smartphone or a personal computer. It is compatible with various kinds of devices, such as iPad, Mac, Windows, Chromebook, iPad, and Android.
- A wall adapter
Although the device is equipped with a USB adapter, it doesn’t create any problem with the standard wall adapter that we generally have. In addition to that, you can use the normal USB cord that we all have.
- An HDMI compatible with HDTV
You can’t plug Kodi to Chromecast into your TV if it doesn’t have an HDMI port. That’s why it is strongly suggested to verify the HDMI compatibility before buying this device.
How to install Kodi to Chromecast?
There is a great range of different methods through which Kodi can be installed on the Chromecast. Some of them are difficult ones, while others are easy. However, you don’t have to worry about anything as our team will tell you about all those methods with complete details.
Installing Kodi to Chromecast with the help of an Android phone or tablet
Basically, there are two methods through which you can transfer files to Chromecast through Kodi connected device. Check out each of them in detail and choose on that suit you the most.
- First of all, there are some files that you have to download on your device. It includes XML File PlayerFactory Core, ES File Explorer, LocalCast, and Kodi.
- In this step, go to the ES File Explorer and then tap on the settings option. Now, hit the display settings and check out whether the show hidden files column is ticked.
- Ensure that your XBMC media centre or Kodi is connected to the app.
- After completing the third step, you have to visit the ES File Explorer for accessing the Downloads folder.
- Look for the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file that you have downloaded earlier. If you don’t find it there, then check out the download folder.
- Now, copy this file to the Android | Data. Look for the “org.xbmc.xbmc” or “org.xbmc.kodi” that depend on the type of streamer you are using. If you want to install Kodi to Chromecast, then go for the file with name “org.xbmc.kodi”.
- After opening that file, you have to tap through Files| .kodi | user data. Followed that, paste the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file to this folder.
- Play Kodi and navigate the content that you are looking to enjoy.
- The LocalCast will be automatically launched by the Kodi. You will be asked by the Android to cast the app you are looking to use.
- After loading the content, tap on the play option and choose the option of the device where you want to stream the file.
- Now, all you need to do is press the Play option once again and the video will start to play on your television that is connected to Chromecast.
We are pretty sure that you should have been successful cast Kodi to Chromecast. If you think this process is pretty long, then there is no need to worry as we have another shorter one for readers.
- Install Chromecast app on your Android device. Once the installation process gets completed, then you have to open this app.
- After opening the file, you have to tap on the menu section and choose the option Cast Screen/Audio. Connect it to the Chromecast by following the instructions.
- Now, you have to open the Kodi and look for the video that you want to see. Once you find out the video, then tap on the play option.
- Both devices will play the video. However, the screen can’t turn off for playing the videos.
Installing Chromecast app on a personal computer or Mac
Pretty similar to the method mentioned above, you can jailbreak Chromecast for transferring the screen to the Android. Now, check out the method for streaming Kodi to Chromecast using a PC:
- First of all, you have to install the Kodi client on your laptop or personal computer. Also, install the Google Cast Chrome extension along with the Chrome.
- Now, you have to fire up the Chrome and tap on the Google cast extension. There will be an option cast this tab on the screen. You will also find a very small drop-down button and tap on that. Tap on the option “Cast screen/ window” in the menu.
- After completing the process in step two, you will see the option to share your Entire screen or the various tabs open in Chrome. Choose the Entire Screen.
- Click on the Kodi option and open that. Now, play the video that you want. Make sure the video plays on Chromecast connected TV and PC without any problem.
That’s all, you will be able to enjoy Kodi to Chromecast on your personal computer easily. A personal computer or Mac can’t be turned off that makes it less useful method. However, it works for the individual who has to showcase a presentation.
Also read: The Coming AI Wars
Which is the best method to install Kodi on Chromecast?
Our team has researched a lot and found that the best method for Kodi Chromecast is using Android. It will not save your battery, but also boost the performance. It is the easiest and most effective one out of all the methods mentioned in this guide. Additionally, it is the only way through which users are allowed to multitask on their device while watching a video on Kodi.
Other than that, the second best method for casting Kodi is through the laptop or personal computer screen. However, the individual having slow processor will find it difficult to play Kodi. The people having a fast computer that supports excellent CPU usage will not find any problem.