If you want to choose the directories on your website to be listed according to the way you desire, you need to access the Index Manager. It is a cPanel tool through which you perform this task. The content of a directory will be displayed in the browser, if the index file is missing.
You must read this tutorial before starting to use the index manager. In this tutorial, we will you through the entire process. You should learn about some things about the cPanel, if you are new to this software. It is a very useful software having some advanced tools, through which you can complete any activity through internet very easily. Plus, the servers can also be managed very well with this software.
While using the feature of Index Manager, you have to choose one of the four options:
- No Indexing
- Standard Indexing
- Fancy Indexing
- Default Indexing
Steps needed to follow in this tutorial
Step 1. Log in to cPanel account
Login to your cPanel account by entering a username and password on their website.
Step 2. Home Screen
This will take you to the home screen, where you can see different options.
Step 3. Index Manager
From this step, the process to learn using the Index manager starts. You needed to click on the index manager option, that can be found in the advanced section on the home screen.
Check out the complete guide on cPanel Tutorial
Step 4. Selecting a directory
Now, you have to open a directory by tapping the folder option.
Step 5. Modify the directory
You have to click on the name of directory, which you want to modify.
Step 6. Indexing selection
In this step, you need to select the type of indexing needed for your directory. After that click the save settings.
- No Indexing: This type of indexing will not show the contents of the directory.
- Standard Indexing/ default indexing: If you select this indexing, it will prevent the browsers to view directories content.
- Fancy Indexing: The contents of the directory are prevented in this type of indexing openly.
- Choose the No indexing option, as you don’t wish to display the content of the directories.
- Click on the save option, after you are done with the above option.
The tutorial ends here as you have become successful in configuring the index manager in cPanel. You can go simply back to the interface of the cPanel and start using all the features. Follow the steps mentioned in this tutorial and we assure that you will face no problems in using the index manager in cPanel.
Also Read :
- Access Webmail in cPanel
- Create Domain alias in cPanel
- Create mailing list in cPanel
- E-mail forwarding in cPanel
- Change Primary language in cPanel
This tutorial will help you in every possible way, while using the index manager in cPanel. If you feel any issue related to the index manager use, feel free to write in the comment box. We will assist you in every possible way.