Social media has emerged as one of the most powerful means of reaching out to audience using social media platforms. Audience here includes potential readers & customers. With the advent of social media marketing, it is now not enough to just post to social media. Best Time To Post On Social Media has emerged as a key attribute in exploiting the maximum value of the impact. A post made on social media at optimal time may have great impact whereas post made at not-so-optimum time may not have that much impact.
Also each social network has different set of users and thus different optimal times. One can exploit the statistics and make sure that his/her posts go on social media at the right time so as to make maximum impact. For this the above infographic gives us an idea about the best times and days to publish content on social media to receive highest exposure. According to the infographic, 5 social media platforms were analyzed and the results of the analysis are as follows.
- Facebook: People regularly use Facebook on multiple decides ranging from phone to tablet to laptop. Also people tend to use Facebook both at home and at work. The best time is analyzed to be from 12:00 – 1:00PM on Saturday/Sunday, 3:00-4:00 PM on Wednesday and from 1:00 to 4:00 PM on Thursday/Friday. However the worst time is said to be before 8AM and after 8PM on weekends.
- Twitter: This social network is a service that allows users to share messages of maximum length 140 characters. Like Facebook, most people like to use twitter on multiple devices. As the content is in smaller chunks, people tend to use twitter whenever they have shorter span of time as well. For example, while waiting in line, or while commuting to work. According to the social media trends, the optimal time to post on twitter is 12:00 and 3:00 PM on weekdays. Also the time slot of an hour between 5:00PM and 6:00PM is said to be optimal.
- LinkedIn: This one is more business/professional oriented social media platform used to professional networking. LinkedIn has a totally different set of audience. LinkedIn is used by professionals who tend to use it during weekdays preferably before starting the work for the day or after completing the day’s work. The optimal time to use LinkedIn to make an impact is between 5 and 6 PM during weekdays. Monday’s see a lot less activity on LinkedIn mainly because people recover from Monday blues.
- Pinterest: This is a photos and video sharing social media platform. Most users of Pinterest are females. The most optimal time for using Pinterest to create an impact on social media is from 8:00 to 11:00 PM on all days. 8:00 to 11:00 PM has also been found out to be very effective time frame on Saturdays.
- Instagram: Instagram is an online photo/video sharing social network where people share photos and videos. Unlike the above 4 social networks, Instagram is generally used on mobile devices. People tend to engage on Instagram almost uniformly throughout the day although off-work hours have an edge here also.
The above information about the correct time to post on social media, if used properly, can result in manifold impact. Just the right content, at the right time, directed at the right audience at the right social platform is the combination you need to target. Also different time zones should be taken into account before planning so that you cater to most people in any given time zone.
Also Read :
- Facebook Lead Generation Techniques
- How to Use Twitter to Rank Better in Search Engines
- Powerful Link Building Methods
- Avoid Fake Google Reviews